Who Are We?
The continuing mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce® of the Midwest (GACC Midwest/AHK USA-Chicago), a 501 (c)(6) organization headquartered in Chicago with a branch office in Michigan, is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the Midwestern region of the United States. Our organization combines elements of a trade commission, a membership association, and a professional consultancy - quite a unique concept in international trade promotion. Read more about our organization at www.gaccmidwest.org
We are looking for a creative Marketing Consultant to join our US Market Entry/Consulting team. The Marketing Consultant’s role covers a wide variety of projects, including advising German companies on their US market entry strategy, developing, and implementing Social Media strategies to increase their online presence and to improve their marketing efforts, especially through LinkedIn. The Marketing Consultant will be based out of our Chicago Downtown or our Farmington Hills, Michigan office.
Specific responsibilities vary by project but may include the following:
- Create engaging content for German companies entering/expanding into the US market.
- Draft and pitch content marketing strategies for German companies in the US.
- Produce effective messaging for our marketing clients.
- Proofread websites and marketing materials to ensure messaging and language are correct.
- Familiarity with US design and content creation as well as U.S. marketing trends.
- Advise companies on their US market entry; researching potential market opportunities, sales channels, and partners; manage virtual offices; and other services as needed.
- Research, analyze and report on market conditions, competitors, regulations, and other topics to identify opportunities and potential barriers to market entry across a diverse range of industry sectors.
- Research and contact potential distributors and other partners, which includes identifying potential partners, contacting them by phone and email, evaluating their suitability for a partnership and presenting these evaluations to the client; arranging meetings with potential partners, preparing clients for the meetings, and sometimes accompanying them to these meetings; and assisting them with any follow-up activities.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar relevant field required
- 1-3 of relevant work experience
- Prior professional experience in digital marketing, advertising, sales, business development or similar relevant experience
- Effective Communications. High-level proficiency in the English language. German language skills a plus, but not required
- Creativity. Experience with Canva, Adobe InDesign and general graphic design skills preferred
- Tech Savvy. Professional knowledge of LinkedIn and other social media platforms, and familiarity with SEO best practices and CRM and mailing/list management systems
- Business Acumen. Understanding of (international) business environments and culture
- Team player. Able to work in a team environment
Why GACC Midwest?
At GACC Midwest, we believe that our benefits should make a difference - to you, your job, today and in the future. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
- Team spirit instead of rigid hierarchies
- Competitive vacation policy, starting with 20 days, increasing with seniority up to 30 days
- 14 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, plus additional days around Thanksgiving and Year End
- Health insurance with multiple plan options and networks (BlueCross / BlueShield HMO, PPO, HSA) & Guardian dental and vision
- 401(k) matching with a competitive, discretionary employer contribution
- Company-paid Life Insurance + AD&D/additional voluntary life + AD&D (also for spouse and children)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability
- FSA Health Care and dependent care
- FSA commuter (transit and/or parking)
- Goal oriented bonus plan
- Plus: Work from Home Policy, Flex-Time Policy
- We offer German classes in collaboration with the Goethe Institute
Please note, we require all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Potential employees are subject to background checks.