NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
WIPOTEC-OCS, Inc. is a subsidiary of WIPOTEC GmbH. This American arm of the company was established in 1998; just 10 years after the company was founded in 1988. The company is driven by technology and has a passion for providing state of the art solutions.
Today, over 700 employees work at its sole production plant in Kaiserslautern (10 miles east of Ramstein and 75 miles southwest of Frankfurt). The plant covers about 315,000 sq. ft. of production area and office space. 300 additional employees work in international subsidiaries (sales & service focused). Worldwide revenue is in excess of US$160 Million. WIPOTEC weigh cells were the original foundation of the company. Over the past 32 years, WIPOTEC has also entered the standalone checkweighing, serialization and X-Ray markets within our niche industry. The major target markets of the company are the Food, Healthcare and Mail and Logistics Industries. These markets are covered by three separate specialized teams. Administration, Marketing, customer support and service staff is shared among the market teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish team and individual sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume for our full product line of equipment.
- Drive business and sales objectives by working with Regional Sales Managers
- Maintain national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees.
- Direct technical sales to clients in the Food industry and managing the business in such a way that it meets budgeted goals and stated objectives.
- Key account management of blue chip accounts headquartered in North America (USA & Canada), establishing and expanding the organization’s reach within these accounts.
- Indirect sales through established agents/OEM partners and development of new sales channels.
- Lead generation and lead follow-up, establish networking relationship with clients and partners in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Reporting of sales and competitor activities in our market utilizing the corporate IT infrastructure (CRM)
- Support and define marketing activities such as exhibitions and industry related conferences in order to create a brand recognition, in line with the corporate identity and design guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of sales within agreed guidelines and existing corporate policies.
- Conduct/host factory or onsite system demonstrations and acceptance tests and provide convincing presentations to new and existing customers and partners.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide proposals on how to develop them.
- Lead client discussions and meetings to explain how WIPOTEC equipment can provide optimal solutions for their needs. Involve the parent company when required.
- Continuously provide the local management with information on the competition and about their approach to the market place.
- Openly and constructively, exchange and communicate with the local management about the needs of the US market, product development in Germany and other important information mutually beneficial.
- Other duties as needed.
- 10 years or more in selling complex capital goods and 5 years or more in directly managing sales teams.
- Cultural sophistication to successfully communicate with the Management of WIPOTEC in Germany.
- Knowledge of the food packaging and process industry.
- Proven record of strong revenue growth and improvement of operating margins.
- Success in relationship building with end-users as well as distribution channels.
- Willingness to travel in approx. fifty percent of the time.
- A strong preference for German language skills is desired.
- BS or equivalent technical experience Engineering, Science or Physics.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all associates at WIPOTEC.
- A strong team-building skills in order to ensure that whole team is heading in same direction.
- Analytical, forward thinking and visionary skills that have contributed to measurable success in past.
- Strong sales, creative marketing skills, and the ability to strengthen existing and to build new and lasting relationships with customers and suppliers alike.
- Good judgment, common sense and problem solving skills.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and corporate car.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
How to apply:
Please submit your application materials to hr.us(at)wipotec.com (subject line: Director of Sales - Food). Referrals are welcome.