Our client is a German-based, internationally-operating producer of interior design products who works closely with distribution partners, architects, builders, retailers and end-consumers. Their US subsidiary located in greater Chicago consists of a commercial, production and warehouse facility.
The company has an immediate opening for a CFO to lead the Finance, Controlling, Accounting and Treasury functions for the US subsidiary, including management of a small functional team of three employees. There is also the possibility to assume additional oversight responsibilities for certain administrative functions such as IT and HR. The CFO will be part of the US Executive Management team and should be a strong leader and departmental advocate. This position reports to the President of the US subsidiary as well as to the Director of Finance / IT / Administration at the German HQ.
- Provide top-level strategic and operational leadership of the company’s finances, including preparation of comprehensive annual budgets and other financial forecasts as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including analysis of financial ratios and attainment of defined KPIs against plan. Recommend solutions to address sub-par findings of these analyses as warranted.
- Work with colleagues at German HQ to consolidate local financial statements into those of the larger Group.
- Advise top management on planned capital investments to increase local production and warehousing capacity.
- Develop and implement new Controlling tools and define a range of KPIs in collaboration with the German HQ.
- Manage cash flows to ensure adequate liquidity levels for ongoing financial obligations.
- Oversee and control day-to-day Accounting activities such as AP/AR, expense reports etc. to ensure accuracy and adherence to established processes.
- Oversee implementation of relevant financial modules of a new ERP system.
- Serve as main liaison to external auditors, banks, tax advisors and regulatory authorities.
- Direct and mentor a small team and contribute to their further professional development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Business field is required
- 10+ years of progressive and comprehensive Finance experience within a manufacturing organization with a related skill set and knowledge base. Candidates should have experience with (international) financial consolidations and ideally have worked with/reported to functional colleagues in Germany/Europe
- Experience working in a Matrix organization would be of advantage
- Knowledge of local tax and transfer pricing
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a keen business acumen; ability to develop and implement creative and proactive solutions to optimize financial performance
- Self-starter and strong leader with a willingness to question existing policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Experience with ERP implementation would be of significant value