Our client is a well-established, family-based provider of innovative precision metal stampings with a German-based ownership. Their customized stamping solutions utilize deep-draw technology and serve numerous application areas in a range of industries, including automotive and consumer goods. The company strives to design manufacturing systems that allow for quick changeovers and rapid set-ups, which permits them to deliver their custom-produced products to their customers at industry-leading speeds.
The company is currently seeking a skilled Tool and Die Setter- Shift Lead with extensive experience on multi-slide progressive dies to join their team. The Tool and Die Setter- Shift Lead oversees and ensures the efficient operations of the stamping department while maintaining a clean and safe working environment. The Tool and Die Setter- Shift Lead will directly report to the Production Manager.
- This person will be the primary contact for the assigned team. Responsibilities include training employees; planning and assigning tasks to set-up personnel with regard to priority board and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that all equipment is operating in a safe manner at all times.
- Request all necessary parts, punches, etc. to assemble complete dies based on the print book.
- Ensure that the press is producing quality parts with a minimum of down time. In addition, ensure all auxiliary items are working properly at all times, such as feeds, trimmers, belts, etc.
- Set the rams on the presses.
- Determine the use of shims to draw material where needed.
- Provide training support to the apprentices and apprenticeship programs as needed.
- Recommend changes to current set-up procedures.
- Oversee operators and material handlers in the absence of management personnel.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Extensive hands-on experience in the set-up of progressive, multi-slide dies producing close tolerance piece parts.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, quality standards and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Certified to operate fork lift equipment (or able to obtain forklift license)
- Familiar with the operation of polishing lathes and comparators.
- Knowledge of electronics with regard to micro switches, relays, circuits as they affect the operation of the presses.
- Ability to effectively use all standard inspection equipment found in die shop such as micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, shadow graphs.
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary).
- Must be physically capable of the demands of the job on a daily basis, for instance the ability to stand for long periods of time and to move dies or parts into presses.
- Experience in the Automotive industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills are a must.