Note To Applicants: Please DO NOT submit your application materials for this opening directly via the GACC Talent Network. Rather, please apply to the email address provided at the bottom of the job description.
SW North America delivers demanding, work piece-specific manufacturing systems for the metal working industry worldwide. Our most defining characteristic is our impressive range of 2- and 4- spindle horizontal machining centers. The Service Technician is responsible for, among other things, the maintenance, repair, service, and installation of CNC milling machining centers as well as assisting our customers in the resolution of problems they may encounter.
This position requires 100% domestic travel. Candidates should be comfortable working from home and traveling to clients on a daily or weekly basis. We are looking for candidates to service clients in the Metro-Detroit and surrounding areas.
The Field Service Technician performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Installation, Commissioning and Servicing of SW custom built Machines
• Install and demonstrate new machines in customer plants, including electrical or mechanical check-outs, set up and commissioning, tooling, operation and programming as required in the field.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis and create thorough documentation
• Prepare and submit demonstration reports accurately and promptly as per project requirements.
• Provide timely Field Service on SW Machines on an as needed basis.
• Perform basic electrical/electronic, or mechanical, or hydraulic problem diagnosis and repair in customer's plants during warranty period.
• Cross-train on mechanical, electrical & electronic maintenance.
• Advise and assist customers with most operations and programming problems during warranty period.
• Perform most maintenance work and provide basic assistance needed by customer following warranty period.
• Upgrade personal capability and train customer personnel:
• Assist other Field Service Engineer/Technicians with various assignments to receive necessary on-the-job training.
• Attend schools, seminars, and conferences to stay current with up and coming technology related to CNC Machine service and installation
• Train customer personnel in processing, tooling, operating, and servicing of SW Machine products.
• On-call time is an essential function of this position.
• All other duties assigned
Qualifications & Abilities
• 5+ years of experience as a Service Technician, PLUS related experience and/or training on servicing up to 4 Axis CNC machines
• Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and laser systems
• Knowledge of CNC equipment (FANUC a plus).
• PLC programming experience with Siemens Step 7
• Customer service-oriented demeanor
• A valid Driver’s License
• Understanding of German language preferred, but not required
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• General knowledge of Windows, MS Office
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
• Primary work area is an industrial work environment, requiring the ability to stand for extended periods of time
• The ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis is required
Classification & Compensation
• The position is full-time, permanent and non-exempt from FLSA overtime requirements
• The pay range varies, depending on experience, skills, abilities, and length of service with the Company
Send your resume to apply: NA_Careers (at) sw-machines.com