Our client, AMERICAN PROGRESS GROUP, is the recently founded US subsidiary of the PROGRESS GROUP, a European-based group of leading companies in the field of precast concrete fabrication solutions. PROGRESS GROUP offers a range of complementary custom machinery, software and facility design services that enable them to provide their customers with turnkey production facilities from a single source. For more information, please visit their website at: www.progress-group.info
Over the past several years the company has built up a North American customer base and delivered reference projects in the US market from its European Headquarters. Due to its frequent presence at relevant trade shows and in leading industry publications, the PROGRESS GROUP also has positive brand recognition among target customers in the local market. The founding of AMERICAN PROGRESS GROUP represents the next step in strengthening and expanding their market presence in North America.
The company is seeking a hands-on, entrepreneurial Technical Sales Manager to serve as their first US-based employee who will grow and nurture the existing customer base in the US market. This opportunity offers substantial scope for professional growth within a successful, worldwide-operating company.
- In close coordination with the European Management team, develop and execute a strategic Sales plan for the US and Canadian markets which positions AMERICAN PROGRESS GROUP for strong and sustainable growth in revenues and market share within a competitive sector. Propose localized market segmentation strategies and associated marketing plans which support direct sales activities.
- Lead full-cycle consultative sales activities for the company’s range of production technologies on a nationwide basis, from lead generation to capability presentations through to contract conclusion and system delivery. Conduct individualized needs assessments of potential clients’ production facilities and work closely with target accounts to develop customer-specific solutions and corresponding quotations.
- Generate and qualify targeted sales leads through a variety of channels, including direct outreach and responding to comprehensive RFQs/RFPs from companies seeking to invest in new production solutions for precast concrete products.
- Drive enthusiasm for PROGRESS GROUP’s solutions at target accounts throughout the sales process by providing advanced technical expertise and excellent customer service to relevant decision-makers.
- Negotiate and close sales contracts with customers that achieve acceptable profit margins.
- Represent the company at national and international trade fairs, conferences and industry events.
- Serve as an enthusiastic brand advocate for AMERICAN PROGRESS GROUP across forums such as construction industry associations, business networking groups, etc. Develop and nurture strategic relationships with EPC companies, elected officials and relevant governmental agencies across North America as appropriate.
- Work closely with internal Marketing, Engineering and Project Management colleagues in Europe to drive forward sales and to ensure that systems are delivered as promised to North American customers.
- Provide Headquarters with regular local market insight and customer feedback to ensure that offered solutions conform to expectations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline is required; a background in Civil/Structural Engineering would be of significant value
- Minimum 5+ years of success in consultative Sales/Business Development of complex solutions
- Candidates should have a strong market knowledge of the Construction industry coupled with an advanced technical understanding of production technologies for precast concrete products
- Assertive self-starter with a high level of intrinsic motivation and an independent work style who is also able to collaborate well with team members across various functions to achieve common goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple decision-makers at customer accounts.
- Strong English-language communication and presentations skills; knowledge of German and/or Italian would be of value but is not required. Intercultural awareness and experience collaborating successfully with European colleagues would be of benefit.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills and a proven track record of closing high-value deals
- High levels of commitment and reliability with a results-oriented approach
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and common CRM systems to track sales activities
- Enthusiasm for new ideas and technologies and a commitment to PROGRESS GROUP’s product portfolio
- Candidates must be available for frequent travel across the U.S. (75%+) as well as periodic travel to Europe, including for an initial training period.
- Valid US driver’s license