Who are we?
The continuing mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce® of the Midwest (GACC Midwest/AHK USA-Chicago), a 501 (c)(6) organization headquartered in Chicago with a branch office in Michigan, is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the Midwestern region of the United States. Our organization combines elements of a trade commission, a membership association, and a professional consultancy - quite a unique concept in international trade promotion. Read more about our organization at www.gaccmidwest.org
What does this role entail?
GACC Midwest is seeking a full-time Regional Coordinator, Michigan, based out of our Farmington Hills, Michigan office, reporting to the Head of Michigan Office & Deputy Director, Consulting Services. With a strong focus on building and nurturing relationships, the individual supports the growth of GACC Midwest’s membership base, generates business opportunities for our organization, and supports our ongoing overall activities in the state of Michigan, including our events.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the first point of contact and a liaison for current and potential new members and other entities in the State of Michigan, with the goal of connecting them with our organization and its specialists across the broad spectrum of our services.
- Proactively identify, meet, and engage current and potential new members and partners and establish ongoing relationships.
- Proactively identify, meet, and engage potential new clients for GACC Midwest’s consulting and workforce development (apprenticeship) services.
- Support GACC Midwest’s teams with event and conference organization and production, which includes selection of topics, acquiring suitable speakers, selection of venue, acquisition of partners and sponsors, marketing the event, etc.
- Support GACC Midwest’s Consulting Services Department and its clients, through researching market opportunities, sales channels, and partners; managing virtual offices; and other services as needed
- Research, analyze and report on market conditions, competitors, regulations, and other topics to identify opportunities and potential barriers to market entry across a diverse range of industry sectors.
- Research and active outreach to potential partners for GACC Midwest’s Consulting Services clients.
- Identify new avenues for the growth of GACC Midwest’s membership base, build beneficial business relationships with various partner organizations (private and public) on local, regional as well as state and federal level.
- Keep abreast of the latest business and economic developments, as these issues may affect our members, partners, and customers.
- Document all relevant communication within GACC Midwest’s CRM system.
- Market and cross sell a broad range of GACC Midwest activities and services, such as our various networking and roundtable events, recruiting services, apprenticeship programs, consulting services, as well as marketing, sponsorship, and advertising opportunities etc.
Who are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience – past record of inside sales role of advantage. Additional business experience in other roles would be valuable as well
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Excellent communication skills – phone, e-mail, and in-person, including the ability to effectively interact and engage multiple levels within an organization (C-level, sales, HR, etc.)
- Self-motivated and highly dedicated
- Proactive and highly responsive
- Strong market research skills
- Strong focus on building and nurturing relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint as well as CRM and mailing/list management systems
- Travel is required domestically. A substantial amount of time will be spent outside GACC Midwest’s office, visiting current and potential members and partners, or attending GACC Midwest and partner events in Michigan and throughout the Midwest of the U.S. In this respect, the ability to drive and access transportation to reach companies and other stakeholders and conduct meetings outside of urban areas is essential
- Must be available to attend our as well as partner events, including outside of normal business hours
Why GACC Midwest?
At GACC Midwest, we believe that our benefits should make a difference - to you, your job, today and in the future. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
- Team spirit instead of rigid hierarchies
- Competitive vacation policy, starting with 20 days, increasing with seniority up to 30 days
- 14 paid holidays including Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, plus additional days around Thanksgiving and Year End
- Health insurance with multiple plan options and networks (BlueCross / BlueShield HMO, PPO, HSA) & Guardian dental and vision
- 401(k) matching with a competitive, discretionary employer contribution
- Company-paid Life Insurance + AD&D/additional voluntary life + AD&D (also for spouse and children)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability
- FSA Health Care and dependent care
- FSA commuter (transit and/or parking)
- Goal oriented bonus plan
- Plus: Work from Home Policy, Flex-Time Policy
- We offer German classes in collaboration with the Goethe Institute
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Potential employees are subject to background checks.