Our client is a German-based leading manufacturers of custom CNC tube bending machines for the automotive, shipbuilding and offshore industries as well as for power plant construction and other application areas. Their US subsidiary office handles sales, customer support, administration, spare parts warehousing and equipment servicing. The company is currently seeking a motivated Sales Manager to drive sales to both new and existing customers across the US with a focus on automotive tier-suppliers as well as the shipbuilding industry. The Sales Manager may work out of a home office but must be available for frequent travel (50-70%).
- Drive sales revenues by ‘opening doors’ at target customers to present the company's capabilities and USPs for tube bending applications. Similarly, develop and nurture relationships with multiple touchpoints at existing customers to discover new sales opportunities at these accounts and to obtain referrals.
- Prospect and qualify sales leads via direct outreach, participation in leading trade shows and other relevant industry forums as well as through other appropriate channels. Respond to RFPs/RFQs on the market that align with the company’s technology as appropriate.
- Gather all required information for project leads and develop quotations with accurate cost calculations and timelines in coordination with colleagues at German HQ. Support negotiations that ensure appropriate profit margins.
- Maintain close communication with customers throughout the sales cycle and address any issues that may arise.
- Track all sales activities per established company procedures in the CRM system.
- Follow all established company policies and procedures and act at all times with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
- 3+ years of experience in consultative technical sales, ideally of high-value capital equipment. Candidates should have a strong track record of generating viable customer leads and converting these into successful and profitable projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering discipline is preferred; candidates without a formal Engineering background must demonstrate advanced technical skills gained from prior employment or other training.
- Extensive contact network of decision-makers at companies within target sectors is desired. Experience selling into the military vertical would be of value.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Honesty and integrity, with the ability to win over potential customers without overselling.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.