Location: Greater Boston (preferred); home office possible as well but must be available for frequent travel to visit potential customers in assigned territory as well as to the company’s office (roughly 50%). Periodic travel to German HQ may also be required.
Our client is a leading provider of concrete mixing and batching equipment that specializes in the custom design and manufacturing of concrete batching and mixing plants serving the Precast Concrete, Concrete Block & Paver, and Architectural Precast segments.
The company is currently seeking a hands-on, entrepreneurial Sales Engineer to drive sales revenues in the assigned territory (tbd). This opportunity offers substantial scope for professional growth within a successful, worldwide-operating company.
- Lead full-cycle consultative sales activities for the company’s range of production technologies in the assigned territory, from lead generation to capability presentations through to contract conclusion and system delivery.
- Conduct individualized needs assessments of potential clients’ production facilities and work closely with target accounts and relevant internal colleagues to develop customer-specific solutions and corresponding quotations.
- Drive enthusiasm for company solutions at target accounts throughout the sales process by providing advanced technical expertise and excellent customer service to relevant decision-makers.
- Negotiate and close sales contracts with customers that achieve acceptable profit margins.
- Represent the company at national and international trade fairs, conferences and industry events.
- Serve as an enthusiastic brand advocate as appropriate across relevant (digital) forums such as construction industry associations, business networking groups, etc.
- Work closely with internal Engineering and Project Management colleagues in Europe to drive forward sales and to ensure that systems are delivered as promised to North American customers.
- Provide Headquarters with regular market insight from assigned territory and customer feedback to ensure that offered solutions conform to expectations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering or Business discipline is required; candidates must display a high degree of technical aptitude.
- Minimum 3+ years of success in consultative Sales of complex solutions used in production environments; ability to effectively triangulate with multiple decision-makers at clients and internal colleagues in system design and delivery.
- Strong understanding of principles and techniques used to pre-qualify Sales leads.
- Candidates do not need to have direct experience within construction products industry but should have a solid interest in the field.
- Assertive self-starter with a high level of intrinsic motivation and an independent work style who is also able to collaborate well with team members across various functions to achieve common goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple decision-makers at customer accounts.
- Strong English-language communication and presentation skills; knowledge of German would be of value but is not required. Intercultural awareness and experience collaborating successfully with European colleagues would be of benefit.
- Excellent negotiation skills and a proven track record of closing high-value deals.
- High levels of commitment and reliability with a results-oriented approach.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and common CRM systems to track sales activities.
- Enthusiasm for new ideas and technologies and a commitment to the company’s product portfolio.
- Valid US driver’s license.
Notice to Applicants:
Following an initial phone screen, promising candidates must pass a Sales aptitude assessment based on the Sandler Training method in order to continue in the selection process.