Our client is the US subsidiary of a European-based developer of an innovative technology for the trenchless rehabilitation of pressure pipes. Their solution uses flexible Kevlar®-reinforced liners and specially developed end fittings and is suitable for a range of application areas such as water, oil and gas.
The company is currently seeking a highly motivated Area Sales Manager-West Coast to lead the company’s Sales and Business Development activities for water infrastructure applications within the West Coast region, with a focus on California, Oregon and Washington. This position requires an independent self-starter with a strong technical aptitude. Candidates must be available for frequent domestic and international travel (up to 70%).
- Drive sales revenues by attracting EPC firms in the water infrastructure industry to become ‘Certified Partners’ for the company. Manage relationships with new and existing Certified Partners to ensure that they recommend the company’s solutions to their end customers for viable water projects.
- Increase overall market awareness of the the company's technology in the assigned territory, including organizing and conducting educational events for relevant utilities, engineering firms and installers.
- Prepare and negotiate quotes/project proposals in alignment with company policies.
- Serve as a technical resource to clients and end customers as required during all phases of pipeline rehabilitation projects
- Adhere to company sales strategies and provide input for refinement as appropriate
- Observe industry trends, opportunities and competitor activities and provide regular written market reports with recommendations to the Director of Sales
- 10+ years of relevant Sales/Business Development experience, preferably selling to water utilities or EPC firms active in the water infrastructure sector
- Direct experience with pipe rehabilitation or replacement is desired; candidates without this experience must have a strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn the company’s technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another relevant discipline preferred
- Proven track record of success in consultative sales of high-value solutions
- Strong existing network in the water infrastructure industry in the assigned territory
- Assertive personality with strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage effectively strategic relationships with partners who help drive sales to end customers
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills