Bavarian U.S. Offices for Economic Development, LLC is looking for talented and highly motivated individuals for a 12-month internship and/or 18-month traineeship at our San Francisco office starting in January 2020.
Applications will be accepted until August 30, 2019.
Invest in Bavaria is the business promotion and inward investment agency of the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. Our representative office in San Francisco promotes the German State of Bavaria as a leading European business location in the Western United States and offers confidential consultation to U.S. companies with establishing or expanding business operations in Bavaria.
We’re looking for a Project Associate (full-time) to join our team!
What we offer:
• An exciting workplace in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district and the most important tech hub in the world – Silicon Valley
• An energetic and intercultural work environment. Our team values open-mindedness, teamwork and flexibility.
• Great networking opportunities with large corporates, innovative startups & VCs in San Francisco and Silicon Valley
• Hands-on experience: We’re a small team, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to bring in your unique skills, new ideas, and know-how.
• Fair compensation & vacation policy, reimbursement of visa costs (if applicable), healthcare
What the job includes:
• Attend industry conferences and networking events, as well as internal staff meetings and subsequently write reports about events attended; Support project managers with current projects and business development
• Conduct market research and create industry profiles about the latest tech trends (Enterprise and Consumer Tech, Machine Learning and AI, Cybersecurity, Aerospace, Biotechnology, Augmented and Virtual Reality, etc.)
• Accompany project managers to events and trade shows in various industries and assist with marketing and client follow-up (will likely include overnight business travel)
• Identify target companies and follow trends of U.S. companies via internet, newspapers, and business or trade magazines
• Correspondence with target companies as well as attending meetings
• Keep our followers updated and engaged via our Social Media channels
• Identify new channels to meet innovative growth companies and financial investors in USA
• Administrative tasks (maintaining CRM system, answering telephones, preparing meetings, arranging marketing information packages, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
• Recent graduate (at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent) of preferably Business Administration or Economics, with focus in entrepreneurship, marketing, or related fields
• You’re excited about entrepreneurship, startups & technological innovation
• Work experience in marketing, communications, business development or related field (a minimum of 1 year of post-degree work experience is required for 18 months traineeship)
• Excellent computer skills (entire MS Office Suite; InDesign is a huge plus)
• High-level proficiency in the English and German languages
• Excellent customer service and networking skills
• Strong research and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Open-minded, outgoing personality and flexibility
Please apply with your complete application (cover letter, resume and references). Applications will be accepted until August 30th, 2019. Please note that we contact ONLY short-listed candidates.
We’re looking forward to your application!