Location: Buffalo Grove, IL. Candidates must be available for nationwide travel of up to 30%.
Our client is the in 2014 established US subsidiary of a world leader in products and solutions in fire prevention and highly sensitive early-warning fire detection. Their team of 640 staff members worldwide provide their clients with a single source of solutions in fire prevention, from research and development to consulting, application, construction, standardization, assembling, and commissioning followed by maintenance and service of the system.
The company is looking to add two Regional Technical Sales Managers (East/West) to their team who take over the responsibility for all sales activities related to their high quality patented Fire Prevention and Detection products in the assigned territory. At present, the company’s focus is on the cold chain warehousing and logistics industry. This position offers the opportunity to join a new team within an established international organization with strong growth.
- Develop and execute a strategic Sales plan for the assigned territory which positions the company for strong growth across target industry sectors
- Drive sales and leverage the company’s longstanding relationships with customers and distributors as well as expansion of distributors network, collaborations partners and customer density within designated territory
- Cooperate with internal staff members on multiple levels during project execution, e.g., supervisory staff from HQs, Global Account Manager, Project Manager, and local technical staff
- Ensure acquisition, consultancy, tendering, negotiation and contract finalization in coordination with HQs
- Serve as first contact for customers in combination with technical staff having a service contract with the company, incl. first error evaluation.
- Support existing projects and clients with complete after sales service coordination in cooperation with local technical staff
- Initiate support for further failure evaluation and failure remedy
- Perform small services, if required and reasonable
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, ideally with focus on Fire Protection
- 5+ years of experience in Sales and Project Management, ideally with exposure to fire protection and/or fire alarm systems
- Hands-on mentality, proven ability to work independently and autonomously with self-motivation and commitment
- Good MS-Office skills, experience with AutoCAD would be beneficial
- German language skills would be beneficial