Location: Close to client's facility in northern Indiana or home office in the US, ideally near a major airport and close to target industry clusters; candidates must be available for frequent travel nationwide (roughly 50-70%) as well as periodic travel to German HQ.
Our client is the US subsidiary of a German-based leading provider of custom B2B products sold into a range of industry verticals. Please contact us for additional information about the company and the product portfolio for this Sales position.
- Drive sales revenues for the assigned product portfolio by developing new customers and markets and by driving new opportunities at existing accounts. Handle all aspects of the sales process, from lead generation and qualification (including responding to relevant RFPs/RFQs) to negotiating contracts (price, terms and delivery) that ensure desired profit margins.
- Develop long-term, trust-based strategic relationships with multiple touchpoints at Key Accounts to ensure repeat business, including on an international basis as appropriate. Leverage Key Account Management techniques to analyze and evaluate customer needs and recommend suitable custom solutions.
- Support the development and implementation of new sales strategies, processes and plans to ensure optimal results. Ensure that all activities and initiatives are aligned with the overall strategy of the respective Business Unit.
- Gather all required information for custom orders and coordinate with internal design and product development colleagues to ensure that all customer-specific requirements are met.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to refine sales collateral and execute effective digital marketing campaigns. Represent the company at relevant trade shows, industry associations and other forums to increase overall brand awareness among target market segments.
- Maintain close communication with customers throughout the sales cycle and address any issues that may arise.
- Develop monthly/quarterly/annual sales forecasts and action plans. Track all sales activities per established company procedures in the CRM system.
- Conduct regular market scanning and report to Management with insight on relevant market trends and developments at Key Accounts and competitors.
- Support Business Unit Manager with additional tasks as required and serve as a back-up if necessary. Collaborate with cross-departmental and international colleagues on relevant projects and initiatives as required.
- Identify and recommend strategic partnerships with external organizations as appropriate.
- Follow all established company policies and procedures and act at all times with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
- 3+ years of experience in consultative B2B sales, ideally in the processed plastics industry. Candidates should have a strong track record of generating viable customer leads and converting these into successful and profitable projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Business discipline.
- Strong customer orientation and a proven ability to manage positive long-term relationships with Key Accounts at multiple levels.
- Extensive contact network of decision-makers at companies within target sectors is desired.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Honesty and integrity, with the ability to win over potential customers without overselling.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.