Our client is a well-established, family-based provider of innovative precision metal stampings with a German-based ownership. Their customized stamping solutions utilize deep-draw technology and serve numerous application areas in a range of industries, including automotive and consumer goods. The company strives to design manufacturing systems that allow for quick changeovers and rapid set-ups, which permits them to deliver their custom-produced products to their customers at industry-leading speeds.
The company is currently seeking a Tool & Die Engineer to configure manufacturing systems for production runs based on each customer’s unique product design specifications. The Tool & Die Engineer will also assume responsibility for ensuring that orders are delivered to customers on-time and per exact specifications and quality standards, making this a key position on their team.
- Using appropriate software tools and best practices, design tools and dies for customer-specific production runs that align with engineering specifications. Ensure that this core responsibility is completed accurately and efficiently and within specified time frames.
- Be in charge of our upcoming project of implementing new complete die sets progression and more.
- Create bill of materials for all designs.
- Work with internal colleagues in customer-interfacing roles to ensure that all technical product requirements are available for tool and die design. Similarly, coordinate with manufacturing operations and procurement teams to ensure that relevant capital, labor and materials are available to fill customer orders.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and maintain up-to-date knowledge and skill sets related to production processes, design software upgrades, etc.
- Complete required paperwork and periodic reports and maintain appropriate records related to tool and die designs per company policies.
- Work with manufacturing operations and quality control teams to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise.
- Provide mentorship to junior-level employees as appropriate.
- Extensive experience (3 years) in deep-drawing technology, high-speed progressive dies, transfer presses and tooling design.
- Excellent knowledge of metal-forming technologies.
- High-level proficiency in SolidWorks or similar CAD programs and Logopress die design software as well as the MS-Office Suite.
- Understanding of and practical experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiarity and practical experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Managements systems.
- Experience in the Automotive industry is highly desired.
- Tool room experience is a plus.
- Team player with high degrees of self-motivation and organizational abilities.