Our client Rema Tip Top is currently recruiting for:
Job Title: Buyer/Strategic Purchasing
Location: Northvale, NJ
• Work in a fast-paced buying office environment.
• Procurement of products, materials, equipment, services, etc. in support of Sales, Manufacturing and Operations.
• Analyze Material Flow Parameters such as safety stock, reorder qty, lot size, make cycle frequency and replenish interval.
• Issue purchase orders, contracts and purchase items at best possible cost, quality and value. Follow up until product arrives at intended location and Admin process is closed.
• Support Supply Management goals for inventory levels, inventory turns while maintaining adequate inventory level.
• Identify sources, solicit quotations, analyze bids and quotes for suitability, cost and product availability
• Negotiate volume contracts, purchase prices, payment & delivery terms
• Make sourcing recommendations and present findings to appropriate team members/Lead Buyer/Manager.
• Develop and maintain positive relations with Parent Company (Germany) and suppliers based in Germany, through communications of company philosophy, material requirements, pricing objectives and company terms & conditions.
• Keep adequate files of all transactions and records required.
• The Buyer may be asked to assist the Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager or other Buyers in other areas of the Purchasing organization including: direct material purchases, commodity management, warehouse/manufacturing process, inventory cycle counts and supply issues as needed.
• Assist Executive Management with travel arrangements, appointment schedules, organizational tasks and Team Members with new and ongoing projects.
• Travel to/periodical stays at affiliated locations upon request, to inspect and verify inventory and Monitor processes, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• 2-5 years experience in Negotiating Purchasing Contracts, creating and maintaining vendor relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical and math skills
• A great entrepreneurial spirit is a plus
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel
• Understanding of BOM, Manufacturing processes, Component Inventory Management/Just In-Time delivery, etc.
• Navision Dynamics experience is preferred
• Fluent in German (speaking and writing) a must!
(Benefits and Compensation:)
Compensation starting at $60,000 annually and up (depends on experience)
Paid time off (vacation/holidays/personal)
Medical, dental, vision
401k with company match
EAP / Health Advocate
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to Stacie Joyce at sjoyce(a)rematiptop.com. as soon as possible.