The German American Chamber of Commerce (GACC New York) is currently looking to recruit a
Senior Regional Manager (North America) – Liaison Officer in San Francisco, full-time,
for the Liaison Office of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) in San Francisco, USA.
About the Organization
This fulltime position is offered by the GACC New York to support the Technical University of Munich (TUM)’s Liaison Office in San Francisco. TUM is one of Europe’s top universities. It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education and the active promotion of promising young scientists. The university also forges strong links with companies and scientific institutions across the world.
This position will work closely with the TUM Global & Alumni Office, the central point of contact for any matters concerning TUM’s global partnerships and networks and international exchange opportunities. As part of its internationalization strategy, TUM has expanded its activities worldwide in recent years and operates five liaison offices on four continents.
- At least Master’s degree with above-average results; first-hand experience with German higher education desirable
- Excellent written and spoken German and English language skills
- Strategic competencies, result-oriented working methods, high efficiency and attention to detail, sense of responsibility
- Flexibility, proactivity, ability to work on your own as well as within a team (also in a virtual team)
- Strong networking skills, sound regional competence, and solid know-how in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Experience in international project management and very good problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of TUM, the German as well as the North American higher education systems and their characteristics
- Willingness to undertake business trips on a regular basis
- Ideally, experience with content management system Typo3, social media management (esp. LinkedIn)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants already residing in SF /greater Bay area are particularly welcome to apply
- Participation in and organization of topic-specific events to initiate and deepen transatlantic projects
- Development and establishment of cooperation with North American universities and non-university scientific institutions
- Intensifying exchange relationships with partner universities on all levels, e.g. through TUM information events, participation in study abroad fairs, conferences, partner visits, etc.
- Recruitment of highly qualified post-docs or German scientists interested in returning to Germany
- Supporting the TUM alumni work and delegation visits
- Acting as key contact for cooperation projects with industry, institutions, foundations and funding organizations in the region (e.g. DAAD; consulate; DFG)
- Coordinating, conducting and/or participating in activities to raise the visibility of TUM in North America
- Regular editorial content creation for website and social media channels
- Reporting / evaluation of individual measures
A versatile job opportunity in the innovative environment of San Francisco will allow the candidate to develop professional strengths as part of a multicultural and dynamic team.
In compliance with the federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document from upon hire. Employment for this position will be provided by the GACC New York.
Applications (resume, cover letter including annual gross salary expectations in USD), must be submitted through www.gacctalentnetwork.com by October 9, 2022.