Do you have a genuine passion for advancing trade opportunities between the United States and Germany? If you do, then this Traineeship – Trade Show Sales Representative position could be the exciting opportunity you've been looking for!
Who are we?
The continuing mission of the German American Chamber of Commerce® of the Midwest (GACC Midwest/AHK USA-Chicago), a 501 (c)(6) organization headquartered in Chicago with a branch office in Michigan, is to promote and assist in the expansion of bilateral trade and investment between Germany and the Midwestern region of the United States. Our organization combines elements of a trade commission, a membership association, and a professional consultancy - quite a unique concept in international trade promotion. Read more about our organization at www.gaccmidwest.org
GACC Midwest has an established partnership with Hannover Messe, the largest trade fair in Germany. As the official representative of Hannover Messe in the United States, we are responsible for promoting trade shows to US companies interested in participating in the Hannover Messe trade fair in Germany.
What does this role entail?
GACC Midwest is currently seeking a Trainee – Trade Show Sales Representative to assist our team in promoting and selling booth space and tickets for the Hannover Messe trade fair to companies in the US. This role encompasses marketing the trade fair in Germany to potential clients and engaging with leads and existing contacts. The traineeship offers a unique chance to be at the forefront of promoting trade opportunities between the United States and Germany, a pivotal role in strengthening international business relations. The role is designed to provide candidates with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position at GACC Midwest.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Promote booth space and ticket sales for the Hannover Messe trade fair in Germany to American companies.
• Identify and generate new leads by conducting market research, attending events, and leveraging various sales channels.
• Maintain and nurture relationships with existing contacts within our database.
• Collaborate with the consulting team to develop and implement effective sales strategies.
• Provide excellent customer service by addressing inquiries and concerns from clients.
• Track and report sales activities, leads, and conversion rates.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with key partners, multipliers, and clients.
• Advising and supporting companies in their US market entry.
• Answering trade inquiries and supporting GACC Midwest's activities.
• Identifying and engaging prospective customers and project participants.
• Staying informed about policy issues and technological developments in key industries.
• Networking with partners and clients at meetings, trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Prior sales experience or a strong interest in sales is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to evolving sales techniques and strategies.
Why join GACC Midwest?
Our organization, GACC Midwest, strives to provide our trainees with an environment that allows them to succeed in every aspect of their role. Our trainees have the opportunity to gain the ability to put new things into practice and network and meet key members in our extensive membership base while learning more about German-American business efforts happening day in and day out.
With a beautiful state-of-the-art office space in the heart of the city overlooking Millennium Park, interns are able to easily navigate throughout Downtown Chicago and experience the rich culture the city has to offer – such as complimentary German lessons offered by the Goethe Institute specifically for our employees. Within our office building, all GACC Midwest team members have access to the fitness center with free classes being offered regularly as well as general community events as planned by the building staff.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. GACC Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.