Are you interested in Germany? Would you like to become a team member of a German institution in Atlanta?
If yes, then please have a closer look at this job advertisement!
The German Consulate General in Atlanta is looking for a driver / office support
Start: January 1, 2023
This is a 40 hrs./week position, initially limited to 1 year.
- Driving for the German Consulate General (Consul General and staff members), including in the evenings and on some weekends with possible overnight stays (overtime will be compensated)
- Taking care of the Consulate's vehicles and their logbooks
- Supporting the administration and various departments of the Consulate General with additional tasks as necessary, e.g. switchboard and customer service, visitor security checks, processing of incoming and outgoing mail, file processing and deliveries
- Supportive duties for events, e.g. set-up/take-down of information booths
- US passport or Green card
- Valid US driver's license
- Multi-year accident-free driving record
- Police clearance certificate
- Physical strength and ability to lift up to 70 pounds in order to load cargo and baggage
- Proficiency using GPS devices
- Extensive knowledge of the operating area (City of Atlanta and its surroundings)
- Work experience as a professional driver or in customer service is beneficial
- Excellent time management skills
- Good command of English in writing and speaking required, knowledge of the German language is beneficial
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility and dependability
- Ability to work under pressure as well as willingness to work overtime
- Secure job in a friendly working environment
- Paid vacation (starting from 17 to max 28 days a year based on the length of service to the German Consulate General in Atlanta)
- In addition, we observe most major German and U.S. holidays (max 13 holidays a year)
- 13 sick leave days a year with the option to accumulate up to 180 days
- Possibility of participation in our group health insurance plan (monthly allowance of 75 percent of the premiums paid – this may also extend to spouse and children)
- Maternity leave/ family leave
- After six months of employment possibility to join a supplemental retirement savings plan (401 K)
Contract conditions are based on the standard employment agreement for non-diplomatic staff at the German Consulate General in Atlanta. We are committed to the professional advancement of women and expressly invites qualified women to apply.
After a successful selection process, a medical examination of fitness to drive must be completed prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid by the Consulate General. In addition, a personal/security check will be conducted. Your willingness to cooperate is assumed.
Applications in English or German should include:
- Cover letter
- Copies of certificates and evidence of your professional qualifications and experience
- Copies of your passport and/or Green Card if applicable
- Copy of driver's license
- Police Clearance certificate and driving record
Further documents might be requested after review of the application.
Applications should be submitted no later than November 25, 2022.
Only complete applications can be considered. Acknowledgements of receipt will not be sent. Application documents will not be returned. Only applicants who are invited to a personal interview will be contacted. Travel expenses to the interview will not be reimbursed.
General information about the Consulate General you can find on the following website https://www.germany.info/us-en...