Join our Global Mobility Tax Practice as a Global Mobility Expatriate Tax Senior Associate in Houston, TX, reporting directly to the Partner in Charge. In this role, you will play a vital role in our Global Mobility Practice, contributing to its success and growth. Your responsibilities will span various aspects of expatriate tax services, and you'll collaborate closely with team members to deliver exceptional client support.
Why Rödl & Partner?
- We keep our employees current by supplying cutting edge technology and access to learning opportunities.
- We invest in the growth of our team members through regular feedback sessions.
- We recharge as a team by celebrating deadlines and gathering at organized firm events.
- We applaud the achievement of both career and personal milestones for individual team members on a firm-wide basis.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of processes and technology solutions aimed at enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of our Global Mobility Practice.
- Assist with individual tax returns, equalization calculations, and other miscellaneous tax forms for inbound expatriate employees and foreign investors.
- Assist with U.S. payroll reporting, withholding for wages paid to expatriate employees for accuracy including annual compensation statements.
- Assist with U.S. payroll reporting and withholding for expatriate employees, including the scrutiny of annual compensation statements to guarantee precise reporting.
- Contribute to the preparation of complex individual income tax returns for high net worth individuals who hold substantial offshore investments and assets.
- Effectively communicate with our foreign offices and other foreign advisors of our clients.
- Serve as a tax advisor to clients in a range of industries in domestic and international tax matters and support our generalists in responding to tax related questions.
- Participate in research activities, contribute to the development of client tax advice, and assist in the review of tax-related documents pertaining to domestic and international tax matters.
- Collaborate in the development and training of both new and experienced staff professionals, fostering a culture of growth and excellence within the team.
What you need to bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in Global Mobility Expatriate Tax with a national or regional accounting firm or boutique firm focused on expatriate tax matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is generally required; J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar required.
- Strong planning, research, writing and communication skills.
- German language skills are preferred but not a requirement.
Who we serve:
- Foreign-owned US subsidiaries, typically from German-speaking countries
- Clients in many industries including manufacturing, distribution, technology & fashion
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan (with 3% salary paid employer contributions)
- Medical coverage
- Paid Dental coverage
- Paid Volunteer Day annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid time-off & Holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Parking/public transportation
- Tuition reimbursement & training
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Rödl Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer each application personally.
We review all incoming applications, and if we find your skills meet our particular needs, we will contact you.