Our client is a leading provider of process and hygiene solutions for the food and beverage industry with a worldwide customer base. The company offers turnkey solutions that seamlessly integrate sanitation systems into production lines.
Due to strong growth in the American market, the company has founded a new US subsidiary and is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager who will oversee the installation/integration of hygiene systems at customer production sites nationwide. Following an extensive training period at the HQ in Germany, the Technical Project Manager will provide overall project leadership while supervising a team of sub-contractors and interfacing with relevant customer contacts. This ground-floor opportunity provides ample scope for professional growth with an established market leader.
Please note that this is a travel-heavy role and candidates should ideally be based in southern Wisconsin or northern Illinois due to proximity to customer clusters.
- Manage multiple customer-specific installation projects of hygiene systems within food and beverage production facilities concurrently. Ensure that project milestones are met to guarantee overall on-time project delivery. As necessary, work with colleagues in Germany to develop and implement solutions to catch up on any projects that are running behind schedule.
- Oversee the day-to-day technical work of sub-contractors who install and commission these systems, including mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical assemblies. Ensure that sub-contractors complete their tasks to the highest quality standards and follow proper safety protocols at all times. Take immediate corrective action as required.
- Serve as a key company liaison to customers during the project execution phase for any and all relevant matters.
- Provide regular reports to Germany about ongoing projects.
- Act with high levels of integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical vocational training in a relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience installing/integrating advanced systems into existing and new production lines, including supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of production processes within the food and beverage industry. A background in plant engineering would be of significant value.
- Well-rounded technical skill set, including strong understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical principles.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to lead and motivate sub-contractors and effectively manage relationships with customer base.
- Ability to travel frequently, both throughout North America and periodically to Europe. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Self-starter with high levels of enthusiasm, motivation, and professionalism and the ability to work independently.
- German language skills would be of value but are not required.