Our client is a well-established US subsidiary of a company with deep roots dating back to its 1949 establishment in Germany, employing over 450 team members across more than 15 global locations. With 25 years of excellence, the company primarily serves as a tool shop for various metal can making applications in the non-beverage industry with focus on developing new technologies to reduce material usage for client cost-savings. In addition to their comprehensive machine shop, they take pride in expertly tooling and installing press lines at client facilities, ensuring top-notch quality and performance, and offer comprehensive after-sales activities.
The company is actively seeking a General Manager to lead the company into a new era, as their current General Manager and founder prepares for retirement. This is an exciting opportunity to take the helm of a company that has experienced remarkable growth over the past years due to the worldwide success of the organization. The ideal candidate will be responsible for guiding the company through this transition, focusing on automating design work, championing simulation over trial-and-error approaches, and expanding the company’s machine shop capacity.
As the General Manager, your role encompasses:
- Oversee day-to-day operations and manage a team of 40 employees, including those in Engineering, Administration/Accounting and Spare Parts Sales, Service and Assembly, and the Machine Shop.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Business Development plan to secure sustainable sales growth and increased market share across the United States and Canada; advise German management on strategies and corresponding action plans.
- Carry P&L responsibility for the US subsidiary; prepare and manage annual/quarterly budgets and sales forecasts and oversee financial reporting to German HQ.
- Develop sales structures and processes for optimal efficacy, efficiency, and scalability. Directly manage sales activities with target and existing customers.
- Represent the company at relevant trade shows and industry forums; act as a ‘brand ambassador’ to position the company as a high-quality leader in its market segment.
- Conduct regular market scanning and report notable industry trends and changes to the competitive landscape to German HQ.
What Our Client Is Looking For:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Sales/Business Development with a focus on industrial products; successful track record of growing Sales revenues and managing Key Accounts.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant Business or Engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum 2 years of P&L responsibility within a manufacturing company.
- Our client highly values candidates with lean management experience, as it is integral to their commitment to operational excellence. Your ability to streamline processes, reduce waste, and drive continuous improvement is crucial to the success of this role.
- Strong technical understanding of client’s industry niche and an extensive network of industry contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.