NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
As a result of our continued growth and expansion efforts in the Midwest, we have an exciting opportunity for a German Tax Advisor (Steuerberater) and/or German Certified Public Accountant (Wirtschaftsprüfer) candidate to team up with us to establish a presence in the greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky market and be part of a fast growing, dynamic firm. This role is essential to the future growth of this new market and will require a key focus on our German business development activities while at the same time servicing our German clients in the area.
We have specifically tailored our accounting, auditing, tax and business consulting services to the unique needs of foreign owned businesses in the United States. For more than 40 years our core practice has been serving the accounting and tax needs of primarily German speaking and other foreign owned companies operating in the U.S. Our headquarters is located in Atlanta, GA. We also have offices in Birmingham, AL, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI, Greenville, SC, Houston, TX and Manhattan, NY.
- Successfully completed a degree in business management, economics or accounting/tax
- Preference to candidates who have passed the German tax advisor (Steuerberater) and/or German certified public accountant (Wirtschaftsprüfer) exams, but not a requirement
- Preference to US CPA’s, at least candidate must be willing and eligible to sit for the US CPA exam
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a public accounting firm
- Open minded and interested in activities such as networking, presenting of seminars, etc.
- Exceptional English speaking and writing skills
- Fluent in German (native language)
- Team player, being able to structure, organize and lead a team of professionals
- Sound knowledge of German GAAP (HGB) and international accounting (IFRS/ US GAAP)
- Client-oriented thinking and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate confidence, factual reasoning and work well with others
- You act as the first contact for our internationally oriented middle market client base
- Work closely with German clients doing business in the USA in a variety of interesting industries
- Involved with the audit or review of annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and German GAAP under ISA/US GAAS
- Independent and self-directed management of audit teams
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with tax consultants
- Opportunities to advise our clients independently in the design and implementation of international transactions
- Extensive training resources to continue building your knowledge
- Business development opportunities to expand our German client base
- Support to pass the US CPA Exam
As a benefit, Rödl & Partner USA will provide assistance with visa processing & relocation expenses for qualified candidates.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan (Pension plan, with 3% salary paid employer contributions)
- Medical coverage
- Paid Dental coverage
- Paid Volunteer Day annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid time-off & Holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Parking/public transportation
- Tuition reimbursement & training
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Please send resumes to Elizabeth Gottlich at Elizabeth.Gottlich[at]roedlusa.com
Rödl Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.