NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Director.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all GACC South Marketing projects including Membership, Events, PR, Social Media
- Develop new initiatives and projects with the Marketing team
- Support the ongoing activities of GACC South beyond direct departmental responsibilities
- Collaborate with other divisions & ensure regular communication
- Participate in GACC South events and support other projects as needed
- Build and maintain working relationships with key industry partners, multipliers, and clients, including German Ministries, DIHK, Germany Trade & Invest, other trade and economic development agencies, industry associations, and chambers
- Support the marketing for our events, membership, and services to drive messaging, positioning, and strategies for our portfolio
- Plans and implements strategies to meet membership and events goals and create and implements promotional/execution plans
- Promotes and sells existing membership services and sponsorship opportunities
- Enhancing the Corporation’s public image and strengthening and protecting the AHK brand
- Serves 600+ member companies across the Southern US in various industries & is responsible for all aspects of member relations
- Attends and networks with executives at 30+ forums, breakfast meetings, evening events, and similar external functions or events for prospecting purposes
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Executive Office and Finance
- Preparing and administering department budget
- Ensuring strategic financial goals are met by establishing benchmarks and timelines
- Recruiting, training, and supervision of department staff
- Completed Studies in Marketing, Business, Communication
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with leading teams and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong German and English language skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships in the AHK network and with key industry partners, multipliers, and clients
- Experience with both German and American business environments desired
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
How to apply: Please email your application to Katrin Gillespie, Director HR, at kgillespie(at)gaccsouth.com.
Reference: Director, Marketing
Information for applicants:
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer each application personally.
We review all incoming applications, and if we find your skills meet our particular needs, we will contact you.
Please note that we can only accept applicants with a valid U.S. work authorization at this time.