Note to Applicants:
Due to the recent Presidential Proclamation suspending the J-1 Visa program until the end of 2020, we are currently unable to consider any applications from candidates without existing work authorization for the US market. We thank you for your understanding and encourage affected applicants to consider re-applying at a later date once the J-1 Visa program has resumed.
Video Production Internship
You could be the next Intern with the Christkindlmarket!
German American Events, LLC (GAE,LLC), a subsidiary organization of the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Midwest, Inc. (GACC Midwest), organizes the annual Christkindlmarket, a large-scale German cultural event that attracts over a million visitors each year. The popular outdoor event takes place on Daley Plaza in downtown Chicago as well as at satellite locations. The combined events boast over 90 diverse vendors offering unique gift items, food and drink in a nostalgic atmosphere.
Here is your chance to build on your skills acquired in the classroom and turn what you’ve learned into content that will be used to support a large-scale special event that is adding an online component to its existing event.
- $1800 monthly for full-time Internship - 35 hours per week
- Part-time Internship is an option
- Duration between 3 – 8 months
Candidates should possess the following:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creativity, organization skills and attention to detail
- Good work ethic, ability to multi-task, positive attitude
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Interest in working with an international team
- Must have legal work authorization to work in the United States
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Working knowledge and experience with video equipment (production, lighting, audio, and post-production)
- Experience with graphic design
- Completed coursework in any of the following areas: video production, short films, documentary, editing, lighting, sound, digital arts, visual effects, directing, website design, production design, screenwriting
- Has achieved or is in the process of achieving a degree in Communications, Marketing, Filmmaking, Video Production, Media Arts, Mass Communications, Cinematography, Visual Effects or Screenwriting. Similar fields or work experience will also be considered.
During the Internship you will work with the German American Events team to conceptualize and launch new online elements for the Christkindlmarket, including the creation of:
- Family-friendly content
- Promotional videos
- Product marketing videos
- Live Streaming video content, promotions, and events
- Video content tracking and analysis systems
You will work closely with Marketing and Special Events staff members to understand video equipment needs and build a platform for distribution of produced content. Specific areas of interest for this project include:
- Identifying equipment needs and building professional video production/streaming capabilities
- Online targeting of video/digital content towards specific audiences
- Creating impactful and meaningful storyboards and script ideas
- Conceptualizing and producing video content for streaming online
- Creating and producing live streaming content on social media platforms
- Reaching and connecting with a wide variety of participants across social media and website platforms
You will be required to work independently, as well as part of a team, to complete project deliverables. The Video Production Intern will work cross-functionally with the Special Events, Marketing, Event Operations, and Sponsorship teams to deliver on the product roadmap. Specific Intern responsibilities will include assisting staff with:
- Researching equipment needs and purchase/rental options to fit within budget
- Collaborating closely with internal and external clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Pre-Production: Storyboarding, script development, talent scouting, identifying equipment needs, planning video shoots, scouting locations, developing production schedules, coordination of transportation arrangements for crew and talent
- Production: Audio/video production, script supervision, lighting
- Postproduction: editing, content uploads, live streams
- Organizing media library
- Creating and inserting static and motion graphics and text
- Adding music/voice-over/sfx
- Developing metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience
This Internship will offer you the opportunity to become more familiar with creating new online event elements, creating user-friendly and audience-appropriate video/digital content, gaining experience with building a multi-media platform, working with clients, talent, and crews. We hope you will help the Christkindlmarket bring the magic home for the holidays!