Fast growing German Medical Device Company. For our U.S. headquarters, located in the Metro Atlanta area, we are looking for a department head “Accounting/Controlling/HR”.
The Manager Accounting/Controlling/HR, under the direction of the President, will be given the opportunity to perform all day-to-day accounting activities and correspond with other departments in order to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses, while performing various accounting, controlling and HR functions simultaneously. Our client is looking for a hands-on senior level candidate with a strong accounting/finance background in industrial/manufacturing environments, who is able to work in a small company environment. Candidate will lead the department with currently one accountant reporting to this position.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Full responsibility for the general ledger and timely month/year- end close.
- Implement and maintain general accounting systems and procedures (including but not limited to A/P, A/R, Cost Accounting, Payroll, etc.) in accordance with standard methodology and in accordance with GAAP, federal and state legal requirements.
- Review, approve and post journal entries.
- Monthly reconciliation with German Headquarters.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet account reconciliations and perform GL account analysis.
- Primary contact for external audits, including preparation of required schedules and supplemental information as well as responding to auditor inquiries.
- Primary contact for external tax consultants, including preparation of required schedules and supplemental information as well as responding to tax advisor inquiries.
- Handles Sales Tax collection and submission for customers in all 50 states.
- Responsible for cash and bank account management.
- Cost controlling
- HR functions like, oversight of payroll administration and onboarding process with 3rd party payroll company, in accordance with legal requirements and good accounting practices.
- Resolves and reviews issues affecting Company compliance, legal requirements and customer/company objectives.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- 3 – 6 years’ experience in industrial/manufacturing accounting (preferably in small company environment).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, V-Look ups, etc.) and MS Word experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of German accounting principles, preferred.
- German speaker is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of Sales Tax collection/submission.
- Willingness to learn and have basic understanding of governmental regulations such as, GMP’s, Sunshine Act Requirements and other regulatory requirements
- Drive and ability to produce results and accomplish goals in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills