Join our Global Mobility Tax Practice as a Global Mobility Expatriate Tax Manager in Houston, TX, reporting directly to the Partner in Charge. In this role, you'll be responsible for a wide range of tax matters, with a strong focus on expatriate and inpatriate income and payroll tax. You'll also handle general U.S. individual tax questions, international tax reporting of high-net worth individuals, voluntary disclosure filings, IRS dispute resolution, and international aspects of U.S. estate taxation.
Why Rödl & Partner?
- We keep our employees current by supplying cutting edge technology and access to learning opportunities.
- We invest in the growth of our team members through regular feedback sessions.
- We recharge as a team by celebrating deadlines and gathering at organized firm events.
- We applaud the achievement of both career and personal milestones for individual team members on a firm-wide basis.
What you will do:
- Strong managerial skills and desire to ultimately take over responsibility for the Global Mobility Practice in our Houston office.
- Practice development and implementation of processes and technology.
- Review individual tax returns, equalization calculations, and other miscellaneous tax forms for inbound expatriate employees and foreign investors.
- Review U.S. payroll reporting, withholding for wages paid to expatriate employees for accuracy including annual compensation statements.
- Design and implement expatriate tax program policy and administration for midsize and large international organizations.
- Prepare complex individual income tax returns of high net worth individuals with substantial offshore investments and holdings.
- Effectively communicate with our foreign offices and other foreign advisors of our clients.
- Serve as a tax advisor to clients in a range of industries in domestic and international tax matters and support our generalists in responding to tax related questions.
- Monitoring of multiple client engagements while serving as a business advisor to the client.
- Research, write, and review client tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters.
- Supervise and aid in the development and training of new and experienced staff professionals.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of seven years of experience in Global Mobility Expatriate Tax with a national or regional accounting firm or boutique firm focused on expatriate tax matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is generally required; J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar required.
- Thorough knowledge of individual tax planning for employee cross-border movement including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process.
- Solid understanding of international income tax treaties.
- Strong planning, research, writing and communication skills.
- German language skills are a requirement for this role.
Who we serve:
- Foreign-owned US subsidiaries, typically from German-speaking countries
- Clients in many industries including manufacturing, distribution, technology & fashion
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan (with 3% salary paid employer contributions)
- Medical coverage
- Paid Dental coverage
- Paid Volunteer Day annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid time-off & Holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Parking/public transportation
- Tuition reimbursement & training
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance