The German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. in New York City (GACC) is looking for a highly motivated full-time, bilingual (German/English) Project Manager to support our Business Development Consulting Team in New York City.
The GACC was established more than 75 years ago in New York City as an impartial promoter of commerce between Germany and the US. The GACC works together with the German American Chambers of Commerce in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington D.C. under the umbrella AHK USA - with more than 2,500 member companies and an extensive national and international business network. The organization has distinguished itself as an innovative and relevant service provider as well as a reliable partner in German-American business inquiries. Comprised of a highly qualified team of professionals, the GACC supports companies by facilitating the following: market entry & business development, legal services, intern visas, recruitment and startup guidance, delegation trips and events.
As a member of our team, you will be supporting a vital link in the transatlantic economy.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Organizing / hosting industry events and delegations (incl. venue and speaker acquisition, catering, invitation management)
- Consulting German companies regarding their US market entry or expansion by conducting desktop/internet research and writing reports in German and English (various industries, e.g., energy efficiency/renewable energy, MedTech, AI, Industry 4.0, Entertainment, food/beverage and others)
- Matchmaking between German and American companies via phone and email
- Drafting bids and organizing government sponsored projects including market studies, delegations and conferences
- Preparation of proposals, financial statements and final reports
- Coordination with key governmental partners in Germany (DIHK, IHKs, Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), Associations, etc.)
- Supporting the “virtual office” service of the GACC
- Graduate (BA) of Business Administration, International Business, Business Law or related fields; Master’s degree is a plus
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English
- Deep understanding of business concepts, sales strategies and experience in conducting market analysis
- Strong research skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong organizational skills (must be able to handle multiple tasks)
- Service-oriented personality
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability a requirement
- Ability to work independently while integrating well with the team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint, QuickBooks
- Experience with both German and American business environments strongly desired
- Cold-calling experience a plus
Compensation: Based on experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K,
19 days paid vacation
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please e-mail resume and cover letter for this full-time position to consulting(at)gaccny.com with "Your name/Project Manager NY" in the subject.
We look forward to receiving your application.