NOTE: Please DO NOT submit your application for this opening via this Application Portal. Rather, submit your application materials to the email address provided below so that the employer can receive and review your application.
Olde Mecklenburg Brewery is looking for a Brewmaster. Great benefits and relo assistance
The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Charlotte’s oldest and largest production brewery, is seeking an experienced Brewmaster to join our Senior Management Team.
The Brewmaster is responsible for all aspects of beer production management and quality control, from raw materials through packaging, and management of the brewery production team.
The Brewmaster is a member of OMB’s Senior Management Team and meets weekly with the Team to review and evaluate performance through company-wide and departmental KPI’s. As part of this Team the Brewmaster will contribute to the development of the company’s strategy, initiatives, and the continuous improvement of our operations.
Key Position Responsibilities
· Brewery Quality Control Program owner
· Brewery Production owner
· Manage raw material, work-in-process and finished goods inventory control
· Manage and plan brew schedule, document and regularly communicate schedule to taproom, sales, and marketing departments.
· Procurement of all raw materials and packaging supplies.
· Create, edit and manage brewery SOPs.
· Manage brewing QC logs and beer record keeping files.
· Innovation and recipe development
· Brewery production cost control
· Manage brewery staff performance to ensure that:
Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
Drives Results - Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps other achieve results.
Drives Accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Communicates Effectively - Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization.
Collaborates - Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
Position Qualification Minimum Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and/or a formal brewing education from an accredited brewing program.
· Minimum 10 years of applicable brewing experience in a production brewery
· Possess and maintain proficient understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Assurance / Sensory Trained to measure cell health, pitch rates, ABV analysis, IBU analysis, taste and color analysis.
· Comprehensive knowledge of brewing and packaging equipment as well as steam, chilled water, and compressed gas utilities.
· Experienced and physically capable of performing all brew house, cellar, CIP, QC, and packaging duties.
· Highly motivated, resourceful, self-starting individual
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Strong judgment, professional maturity, and impeccable integrity.
· Effective time management
· 100% Aligned with the Company’s Core Values, which are:
About the Company
Founded in 2009, The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery ignited the ultra-premium beer scene in Charlotte and has been at the forefront of the local market ever since. OMB is committed to fresh, local beer. As our founder John Marrino says, “Not everything can be local, but beer can and should be.” OMB specializes in traditional, true-to-style lagers and ales and adheres strictly to the world-famous German “Reinheitsgebot” beer purity law. Our beers have won numerous awards on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.
OMB’s operations are located on an almost 11 acre campus right in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The property also features our unique “Brauhaus” full-service restaurant and the largest authentic Munich-style Biergarten in the Southeastern United States. (www.oldemeckbrew.com)
At the heart of our state-of-the-art production facility is a a 60 Bbl (70 Hl) automated Braukon brewing system. We also operate fully automated, state-of-the-art keg and bottling lines and are currently commissioning a new canning line which will begin production in March 2020.
In 2019 OMB produced 19,652 barrels (ca. 23,000 Hl), mostly sold within the Charlotte region of North Carolina and neighboring suburbs in South Carolina. In 2019 OMB also began distributing its fresh beer weekly to the Triangle region of North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill)
About Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte is the 23rd largest metropolitan area in the USA and one of the fastest growing in North America. A vibrant city nestled between the mountains and beaches in the Carolina piedmont, Charlotte features an affordable cost of living, pleasant weather year round with an early spring and long fall, and a vibrant green canopy that cloaks our streets in the shade of beautiful oak trees. Coupled with world class beer, excellent restaurants, fun outdoor activities, great sporting events and numerous cultural centers, it all adds up to a very high quality of life in the Queen City.
Please contact Dylan Manion at dmanion[at]oldemeckbrew.com