The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization, which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S. Our services focus on the areas of Consulting (U.S. Market Entry, Business Representation, Site Selection, and Career Services) and Skills/ Apprenticeship, and Membership. We are part of an international network composed of 140 German foreign chambers of commerce and government offices in 92 countries.
We are seeking a part-time Coordinator in the Carolinas to develop and implement the overall strategy for membership acquisition, growth, retention, and limited membership related event planning in North and South Carolina. This candidate can be located in either North or South Carolina and will have an office space to utilize in both states, if needed. The workday is flexible based on your availability.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Plan company visits (prospective and existing members), (up)sell memberships and arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Generate member prospect leads through a variety of sources including the Internet, periodicals, and direct leads
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports that clearly illustrate member involvement at GACC South
- Updating and maintaining Membership Database (Salesforce) as well as marketing materials
- Organizing membership related events including registration (such as networking events, business seminars)
- Compile membership packets and work with colleagues in Atlanta to identify and develop membership recruitment and retention collateral materials (including membership directory)
- Assist in the development of new member programs and events that attract new members and engage and retain existing members
- Planning and pursuing of sponsorship opportunities in cooperation with other departments
- Maintaining business partnerships and responding to members’/customers’ needs
- Develop monthly regional activity reports for GACC South management
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- Promote the GACC South’s products/services addressing or anticipating clients’ objectives
- Completed studies in business, communications, marketing, or events planning
- Some work experience in communications, Public Relations or Customer Service fields
- Experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach
- Experience with member drives, fundraising, event planning, building relationships and identifying sales opportunities
- Research and data collection skills
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English & German languages
- Self-motivated, energetic learner
- Ability to work independently while integrating well with the GACC South team
- Detail oriented, well developed organizational skills and a strategic thinker
- Comfortable with traveling in between states: North & South Carolina and sometimes to Georgia including weekends and working in a continuously changing environment
- Must possess an open communications style
- Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Work well under pressure, requires multitasking and being a team player
Start Date: ASAP
Location: partly remote and in office
Compensation: Salaried including PTO of 20 days, 401K, competitive insurance coverage
How to apply: Applications will be only considered with a cover letter and resume attached. Two references should be submitted upon request. Please note that we can only accept applications with a valid U.S. work authorization at this time.
Reference: Customer Relationship Coordinator
Information for applicants: Thank you very much for your application and your interest in this position.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer each application personally.
We review all incoming applications, and if we find your skills meet our particular needs, we will contact you.