The Ministry of Economics, Transport, Agriculture and Viniculture of Rhineland-Palatinate (MWVLW) would like to intensify economic cooperation with the USA as part of its location marketing concept and its foreign trade strategy. The goal is to market Rhineland-Palatinate as a business location and to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups from Rhineland-Palatinate in entering the U.S. market. The focus is on targeted knowledge and technology transfer, but also on delegation support, advice on settlement projects and investor acquisition.
Location: Austin, TX
- Marketing the business location RLP, based on the innovation strategy and the targeted marketing concept
- The provision and dissemination of information material about the state of Rhineland-Palatinate and its economy, participation in business events and trade fairs
- Preparation and implementation of targeted measures for investment projects in RLP.
- Support of Rhineland-Palatinate SMEs interested in trade and cooperation with U.S. companies and start-ups, as well as in local settlement projects, including a free initial consultation for the inquiring company from Rhineland-Palatinate
- Collection of industry-specific market information and its provision to companies in Rhineland-Palatinate
- Research on potential business and cooperation partners
- Support for SMEs in finding suitable contacts for tax, labor and insurance issues
- Conception and implementation of cooperation projects of the Rhineland-Palatinate economy in the USA, oriented to the innovation strategy
- Support and preparatory measures for business and trade fair trips to Rhineland-Palatinate and the USA
- Semi-annual preparation of a report on the activities of the representative office (current inquiries, visitations, pol. talks, etc.). The representative commits himself/herself to a detailed documentation of the performance of the tasks. For this purpose, a qualified report is to be submitted to the contractor semi-annually, detailing the respective project progress and the contact data of the companies advised or multipliers contacted, as well as documenting the (interim) results of these talks.
- Language skills: English and German (native speaker level)
- Completed university studies (at least Bachelor) in the field of political science and/or economics or comparable disciplines
- Sound intercultural understanding of Germany and the U.S., evidenced by good networking and contact with decision-makers from business, politics, administration and associations, incl. relevant NGOs and technology organizations throughout the USA with a focus on the Texas region
- 3 years of experience in German American business exchange and in working with German and US SMEs
- Experience in scouting companies suitable for collaboration, particularly in the technology sector is a plus
- Strong networker able to make new connections and foster existing network across industries
Start Date: ASAP
The start date is ASAP and the initial contract will run until October 31, 2023. The contract can then be extended in 12-months increments. The contracting parties shall agree on the extension at least eight weeks before the end of the contract.
How to Apply:
Please provide all requested documents through this platform.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application personally. We review all applications received and contact you if we determine that your skills match our needs.